10 Beginning Defence
While we always emphasise the importance of offense, it is of no avail without studying the strategies and tactics of defense. The first step towards mounting a good defense is to take control of your environment. Control the doorways, be the gatekeeper of information exchange through your networks and computer systems. We will begin by creating our virtual lab, setting up proxy servers, controlling traffic within our network, taking control of the DNS on our network, and installing auditing software on our machines with a centralised logging system.
This will enable us to have a single point of view into our entire environment. We will learn how to integrate threat intelligence with our logs and setup active defence systems.
Who is this course for?
- Cybersecurity professionals
- White hat hackers
- Software engineers
- IT professionals
- Network engineers
- Software testers
- Penetration testers
- Basic computer knowledge (operating system, e-mail, browsing)
- Linux 101
- Networking concepts
- Basic programming knowledge
- Preferable – Offensive computing
Computer with the following requirements
- At least one of the following operating systems installed(If more than one is installed then no problem):
- Mac OS X
- Active broadband internet connection
- RAM : Min 8GB, Preferred 16GB
- 50GB Free hard disk Space
- Suggested Hardware : 2 monitors (one for your exercises, and one to keep this course window open). A single monitor will work fine just as well.
What you will learn
- The importance of visibility
- Setting up your own proxy server
- Setting up your own DNS server
- Regulating and filtering DNS requests
- Analysing the logs
- The ELK Stack
- Network and filesystem visibility
- Threat intelligence
- Integrating intelligence with logs
This course stands as a foundation course for the following professional applications.
- System administrator
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity executive
- Cybersecurity Auditor
- Network engineer
- Cloud architect
- Cloud administrator
This course includes :
Questions before purchasing this course?
No worries, Send us a quick message and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.