08 WiFi Exploitation
The Air is an information superhighway in itself. Vast volumes of information are floating about you at this very moment. The space around you is saturated with radio waves of different frequency bands that are used by a number of wireless communication standards such as GSM, GPRS, LTE, Bluetooth and WiFi, just to name a few. All of this data is encoded into radio waves – this means that with the right knowledge and technology, you should technically be able to pull it out of the air and manipulate it.
WiFi is a widely adopted standard that is present in almost every corner of the world. Enterprises and residences alike use this technology to connect their devices to networks. Everything from refrigerators, to cars, supercomputers and autonomous robots are equipped with WiFi. But did you know that this technology has serious flaws that are not going to be changed anytime in the near future? With the right tools, one can sniff the traffic on the airwaves, hack WiFi router passwords, manipulate traffic to users and cause a lot of damage. This course will teach you the basics of exploiting WiFi. Armed with this knowledge, you will be able to better audit and secure wireless networks of the world.
Who is this course for?
- Cybersecurity professionals
- White hat hackers
- Network engineers
- IT professionals
- Penetration testers
- Basic computer knowledge (operating system, e-mail, browsing)
- Linux 101
- Networking concepts
- Shell scripting
Computer with the following requirements
- At least one of the following operating systems installed(If more than one is installed then no problem):
- Mac OS X
- Active broadband internet connection
- RAM : Min 4GB, Preferred 16GB
- 50GB Free hard disk Space
- Suggested Hardware : 2 monitors (one for your exercises, and one to keep this course window open). A single monitor will work fine just as well.
- A WiFi card capable of monitor mode and packet injection such as the Alfa-AWUS036NHA
What you will learn
- WiFi and the OSI model
- The wireless Dataframe
- Wireless toolsets
- Sniffing the airwaves
- WEP Cracking
- WPA2 Cracking
- PMKID Vulnerability
- Building a portable hacking device
- Antennas, radios and range, utility
- Building a Yagi Sniper Rifle – long distance Hacking
- Building a Cantenna
- Fake Access points & Social Engineering
- Manipulating traffic
This course stands as a foundation course for the following professional applications.
- Penetration tester
- Cybersecurity Auditor
- Security specialist
- Security Engineer
- WiFi tester
- Private detective/investigator
This course includes :
Questions before purchasing this course?
No worries, Send us a quick message and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.